You can move around with your keyboard
Drop pin on the map to start a new report
Press space again to adjust the location
Start new
report here
report here
Back to all reports

Noise pollution and heavy vibration to nearby properties due to heavy goods vehicles traveling down uneven road surface

Reported via mobile in the Road surface issue category anonymously at 00:15, Thu 9 September 2021

Sent to Lincolnshire County Council less than a minute later. Council ref: 404761.

We moved into our property 4 weeks ago. Outside our property, although there appears no issue with the road visibly. As heavy goods vehicles travel down the road it creates heavy vibration and noise throughout our home. On decorating the property and removal of wallpaper we have found many cracks and assume these may be caused by the violent vibration occurring.

The vibration does not occur with cars only heavy goods such as trucks, buses and hgv of which there is alot that do not appear to abide by the speed limit.

Our neighbours have also advised their homes shake when these vehicles go past and had been happening for over 18 months. This is a big concern to us. There is no speed signs, no speed bumps and our home is opposite a newly built development of which there is often children on bikes, dog walkers etc. There seems excessive construction vehicles traveling down this road currently.

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your report. We will investigate and make an update to this report within 14 days.

    Posted by Lincolnshire County Council at 00:15, Thu 9 September 2021

  • State changed to: Investigating

    Updated by Lincolnshire County Council at 08:14, Thu 9 September 2021

  • Thank you for reporting this matter. The traffic calming you are requesting is what is known as a Traffic Regulation Order (TRO). In order to request a new Traffic Regulation Order you should speak with your Parish/Town council in the first instance. If the Parish/Town council support your request they can then contact their County Councillor who will put forward the request. Thank you for reporting this matter.

    State changed to: No further action

    Posted by Lincolnshire County Council at 10:17, Thu 9 September 2021

  • Think You're missing the point, I'm not asking for traffic calming I'm telling you there is an issue with the road, a dip or something is seriously wrong to cause such a thud/bang that travels through the house causing cracks in my property! So this needs investigating further, come see/hear and feel the banging and thud yourselves and you'll agree it is unacceptable.

    Posted anonymously at 13:56, Thu 9 September 2021

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.